We’re chatting about work. Around the water cooler, during a smoke break, over a beer at happy hour. We asked a handful of Wisconsin personalities the following questions. Their responses have been published as part of a series on Humanities Booyah!
- Describe your first job and what you remember most about it.
- Tell us about a moment that influenced your work history.
- What do you do on a regular day?
- What does the future of your work look like?
- When you think about making a living and making a life, what comes to mind?
The responses are interesting, every one of them. This is the real stuff of our lives. It is what The Working Lives Project is all about.
We’d love to hear from you! Send us an email, tell us your story.
- ‘Noble Work’ an essay by Mike Perry
- About Us
- Apply for a WHC Grant
- Grant Program
- Funding Priorities
- Involving Humanities Experts
- Oral History Guidelines
- Digital Humanities Planning
- Tips for Grant Writers
- Resources for Grant Recipients
- Recently Funded Projects
- Pick a Talk
- Current Programs
- Past Programs
- Sample page using the new Bobbette custom theme
- Stay Connected
- Subscription Confirmation
- The Paradox of Being a Black Police Officer
- What does the WHC do?
- Working Lives Project Grants
- About the Project
- List of Films
- “In the Breakroom” Interviews
- Stories: Past, Present & Future
- Radio Essays: Workers Profiled
- Working Warriors
- Our Working Partners
- Error 404
Help support the Wisconsin