Digital Humanities Planning
We provide a list of questions to consider as you design your digital humanities project. Please read through this Planning Guide and contact us if you have any questions and for the digital humanities project grant application.
The Wisconsin Humanities Council funds projects that employ digital humanities, including things like:
- short videos
- full length film documentaries
- video games
- audio projects
Digital projects may be part of a larger project such as an exhibit, or the cumulative effort of a larger humanities-based program. Projects could also be a stand-alone product such as a game or self-guided audio tour. Like other activities we fund, a digital humanities project cannot simply be archival. It needs to engage the public and be accessible. We want to see projects that encourage discussion and build communities!
Ready to Apply?
Do you have a really big idea?
The National Endowment for the Humanities offers funding for digital projects that serve a wide public audience.
NEH digital grant programs include:
- Digital Humanities Advancement Grants
- Humanities Open Book Program
- Advanced Topics in the Digital Humanities
In August of 2018, the director of the Digital Projects for the Public at the National Endowment for the Humanities visited the WHC office in Madison to talk about “Possibilities in the Digital Humanities.” This conversation was recorded. Get to know Marc Ruppel, Senior Program Officer at the NEH, and how your ideas may fit NEH funding guidelines, by watching this video.
- ‘Noble Work’ an essay by Mike Perry
- About Us
- Apply for a WHC Grant
- Grant Program
- Funding Priorities
- Involving Humanities Experts
- Oral History Guidelines
- Digital Humanities Planning
- Tips for Grant Writers
- Resources for Grant Recipients
- Recently Funded Projects
- Pick a Talk
- Current Programs
- Past Programs
- Resilience, an essay by Bill Berry
- Sample page using the new Bobbette custom theme
- Stay Connected
- Subscription Confirmation
- The Paradox of Being a Black Police Officer
- What does the WHC do?
- Working Lives Project Grants
- About the Project
- List of Films
- “In the Breakroom” Interviews
- Stories: Past, Present & Future
- Radio Essays: Workers Profiled
- Working Warriors
- Our Working Partners
- Error 404
Help support the Wisconsin